With the 2012 presidential election rapidly approaching, I would like to remind my readers of President Barack Obama's position regarding some of the issues that are important to Christians.
01. He supports Roe v. Wade.
02. He voted against prohibiting minors from crossing state lines in order to obtain an abortion.
03. He voted against notifying parents of minor children who obtain out-of-state abortions.
04. He is undecided on whether or not life begins at conception.
05. He voted against banning partial-birth abortions.
06. He stated that we should trust women to make their own decisions regarding partial-birth abortion.
07. He voted in favor of expanding research to include more embryonic stem cell lines. Furthermore, once he was elected as the new president, Obama's administration lifted the restrictions regarding embryonic stem cell research being financed by federal funds.
08. He is opposed to a constitutional ban on gay and lesbian "marriage".
09. He believes that homosexual relationships are no more immoral than heterosexual relationships.
10. On one occasion, in reference to gay and lesbian marriages, he stated ". . . nor am I willing to accept a reading of the Bible that considers an obscure line in Romans to be more defining of Christianity than the Sermon on the Mount".
11. While Barack Obama opposes same-sex "marriage", he supports civil unions and gay rights. Furthermore, he continually says that his views are evolving, so who knows what he may decide to do next.
12. On one occasion, he remarked that he does not believe that being homosexual is a curse, and also stated "I do not believe being gay or lesbian is a choice".
13. Once Obama was elected as the new president, his administration fought for the repeal of the military's "Don't ask, don't tell" policy.
14. Barely two years after being elected, Obama's legal team determined that the 1996 Defense of Marriage Act -- which bars federal recognition of same-sex "marriages" -- is unconstitutional. As a result, Obama directed the US Justice Department to stop defending the Defense of Marriage Act in court.
I first warned my readers about Barack Obama just as he was elected the 44th president of the United States by an electoral vote landslide of 349 to 147 in November of 2008. Everything that I said about this man then is just as true today. President Obama has brought change alright, but none of it glorifies God or His Word. In fact, his changes defy God's Laws! If you are inclined to vote next year due to your sense of patriotism, please pray, and vote wisely and carefully.
Please click the above buttons to share this post with a friend. You must have an account with a particular social network for it to work. You can also use the "Email" button to send a link for this post to your friend, or the "Print" button to print a copy of this post for your personal use. Thank-you so much for helping to promote the Endtime Prophecy Net blog.
Posted In Category : Amer./World Politics
Tags : abortion, barack, constitutional ban, defense of marriage act, doma, don't ask don't tell, election, embryonic, gay, homosexual, issues, lesbian, marriage, military, obama, position, president, presidential, relationship, same-sex, stem cell research, vote